Are you looking for current jobs locally?
If so please watch this page for the latest jobs as it is regularly updated by the Martock Job Club Team.
We’re looking for an assistant store manager to join our team in Yeovil. If you’re an experienced leader with a passion for community and delivering great customer service, this really is a fantastic opportunity to progress. And with a successful internal development programme in place, we’re truly committed to helping our colleagues grow, develop and progress their career with a business that’s all about its colleagues, customers and members.
We do things differently here at the Co-op. We’re not owned by 1 person or a board of executives and over 4.6million active members contribute to the running and development of our business. We’ve been through a lot of positive change over the past few years and we’re not done yet. We’re constantly exploring more ways to do business that’s better for our members, customers and communities. And with 100 new stores opening across the UK in 2018 alone, it’s an amazing time to join us and become a part of our Co-op. To find out more about what it’s like to work here visit coop.co.uk/storemanager.
What you’ll do:
* work alongside and develop a strong relationship with the store manager to provide a great customer experience
* mentor and coach your team to deliver fantastic customer service in store
* create a great working environment for your team
* build strong links with other nearby Co-op businesses, and the local community
* create a community plan and lead the team to increase membership sign ups and engagement
* be a role model to your team to take pride in preparing, handling and presenting our food
* create a store environment that is safe and secure, for colleagues and our customers
* react quickly and positively to changing priorities in store
* alongside the store manager, review new ways to increase sales and improve store performance
* deputise for the store manager in their absence
This role would suit people who have:
* previous experience as a supervisor or manager, preferably within retail or hospitality
* a proven record of coaching and developing teams of various sizes and ability
* an interest working with your local community and understand how the community is a huge focus for the Co-op
* previously helped to improve business performance
* experience working closely with your colleagues in a customer facing environment
* the ability to manage changing and often conflicting priorities
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
* a competitive salary
* great holiday allowance
* discounts on Co-op products and services
* a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
Support Administrator in Martock
Applications no later than 18 November 2018
Contact Sarah Lane email@example.com
The Company: This function is integral to the success of the smooth running of this busy engineering manufacturer in Somerset. You will act as the ‘face of the company’: as the first point of contact for customers for orders, quotations and other service support enquiries. You will be a central communication point between Production, Dispatch, Purchasing, Services and Accounts to fulfil customer orders and assist with answering technical queries. It is, therefore, essential that you have worked in a manufacturing environment in an office support and /or customer orientated role and be pro-active in your manner.
• Take customer orders and quotations received by phone, e-mail, fax, letter, or in person, inputting them accurately on Winman, acknowledging them and seeing them through until completion
• Answer telephone calls received on the sales / Services line and either address the customer’s requirements, ensure its administrated to the correct person or take a message for a colleague
• Answer calls from reception and deal with them appropriately
• Invoice customers for products/services
• Liaise with dispatch/logistics and the carriers to ensure delivery of customer orders
• Keep accurate and relevant records of customer correspondence
• File completed documentation promptly and accurately, and keep a tidy work space
• Distribute e-mails, post and faxes
• Regularly contact customers to keep them informed of any necessary information and updates on orders or products
• Liaise with Accounts regarding customer account status, to avoid delays to customer orders • Raise and resolve customer issues or non-conformances in a timely manner
• Use initiative to feedback necessary information to senior staff
• Keep product knowledge up-to-date in order to advise customers accurately and fully, and undergo any relevant product training
• Actively participate in team or project based activities where required
• Deputise for other members of the Sales & Customer support team as the work of the department requires
• Undertake other reasonable duties which are part of, and incidental to, this type of work, i.e.
• Intrastat figure collation
• Quarterly EC sales statistics Preferred Skills:
• Phone and computer based customer service experience in a manufacturing environment
• A good standard of literacy and numeracy
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Personal Attributes:
• Good communication skills both written and oral
• A friendly and positive telephone manner
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to work well as part of a team and on own initiative
• Ability to provide excellent customer service in a customer support services and light engineering market Associated Benefits:
• Company Pension
• On site parking Working Hours: 8.30-5 M-T, 8.30-3.30 F
To apply, or to find out more information, please click here
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Homestead Senior Care
The Applicant is expected to perform a variety of account and administrative duties. The Administrator is expected to answer phones, complete administrative duties (which will include work with accounts payable and accounts receivable) and support other staff members with clerical tasks in order to provide the highest quality service to clients.
- To offer Accounts and admin support to all aspects of the business
- Processing client invoices
- Processing staff mileage
- Generating pay role figures
- Have an understanding Xero and excel
- Use of home instead systems (training provided)
- Ensure all filing and data is up to date
- To answer phones calls in a polite professional manner, passing on clear messages
- To undertake any support or admin duties as required by Franchise Owner or Care Manager
Any reasonable request related to the above role that relates to administration in the office
- Good understanding of all Microsoft office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook etc)
- Some experience in a similar role
- Good clear telephone manner
- Experience in office administration
Hours per week: 16-20 Monday – Friday 10-2pm
Telephone 01935 577030
If you would like support with applying for a position or to see other current jobs that are available, please drop into Martock Job Club, Tuesdays and Fridays, 10 – 1pm. At Martock Job Club there will be staff and volunteers to assist you with your search, help you with your CV and give you the support you will need to find your next job.